Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday 29th June 2018
- Abstracts cannot contain more than 300 words in the main body of the abstract, and should include text only, no images.
- Abstracts can be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
- Accepted abstracts will be included in the program only if the presenting author has registered and paid for the conference.
If you need assistance with the online system or have any queries regarding the abstract submission, please contact the secretariat.
- BEFORE YOU START
- Ensure you are using one of the following browsers
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox (ver 44 or newer)
- Safari (ver 5 or newer)
- Internet Explorer (ver 11 or newer)
- Note for Mac Users: if you are having trouble submitting your abstract, try submitting from a PC. If you are still having trouble, please contact the secretariat.
- Note for Mozilla Users: Keyboard shortcuts do not work with Mozilla, you will need to use the Menu, Edit, Paste command to paste text to your submission.
- Is your abstract text less than 300 words? The system will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authors or cited references.
- Do you have your abstract open and running on your own computer? You need to be able to cut and paste into the submission system.
When submitting your abstract, please follow the guidelines below to know what your abstract should include:
- an introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
- a succinct description of the basic methodologies
- a clear indication of the major findings of the study
- a concluding statement
Note: you must have a valid registration for your abstract to be accepted into the final program.
- WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
As long as your email has been entered correctly, you will get an immediate confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
Should you wish to make changes to your abstract after you have submitted it, please log on to your online registration dashboard. Under the abstract heading you will be able to view, edit or submit a new abstract.
Please note you will only be able to make changes to your abstract until the submission deadline.
- ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATIONS
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of the submission deadline. The notification will include specific presentation instructions.
- WILL MY ABSTRACT BE ACCESSIBLE ONLINE?
A couple of weeks before the conference, a final interactive program will become available on the website. Visitors to the site will be able to view abstracts by clicking on the title or author name. The abstracts will also be available, to registered delegates, through the conference app. During the submission process you can opt to withhold your abstract from being published in the program and conference app, if you prefer.